Labels

Friday, October 23, 2015

Make Your Own Homemade Taco Seasoning

Are you tired of all the additives in store bought taco seasoning?..thinking you have a packet and starting dinner to find out you don't?..having to spend a dollar to season one pound of meat?...If you are tired of any or all of it, you can make your own taco seasoning really easy.  I buy my seasonings in bulk from the Amish, Sam's, or GFS so I already had all the seasoning I needed in my kitchen. 

If you are like me, chances are you have already looked through possible recipes and found that a lot of the ones on Pinterest and other sites are single serve.  Mixing up seasoning every time I need it just seems like a waste of time to me when I could make a batch, put it next to the stove, and scoop it out as needed. 




I was able to find this cute little jar at Goodwill and I decided to put it to use for my taco seasoning needs.  I would love to tell y'all the exact amount this jar holds but I am not sure.  My guess is about three cups.  This recipe fills the jar almost to the top. 

Homemade/DIY Taco Seasoning in Bulk

1-1/4 cup Chili Powder
3 tbs + 1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbs + 2 tsp Onion Powder
3 tbs + 1 tsp Oregano
3 tbs +1 tsp Paprika
1/2 cup + 2 tbs Ground Cumin
1/4 cup + 2 tbs + 2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbs + 2 tsp Black Pepper

Simply mix all ingredients and store for use.

I recommend 2 tbs for a pound of beef.  You may require slightly more for chicken.  When you add seasoning, add a little water or broth to help absorption just as you would with the store bought packet seasoning.


No comments:

Post a Comment