Labels

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Music Themed Art for My Son's Room

My 15 year old loves music so I decided to make some music themed artwork to hang on his wall. I started with a frame I already had. I pulled out all my old CDs and let him pick which bands he wanted.  Then I lined them up.  To cover the gaps, I used black ribbon (the kind you curl on a package at Christmas time).  I just ran the ribbon over the gaps and taped the ends to the back.

Then I figured out where I wanted to hang it on the wall.  I took old records (nothing great, mainly old Christmas records that I didn't want anyway) and used small finishing nails to nail them up through the hole that is already in the center.  Since these records weren't anything "cool" I made sure they overlapped the labels enough so that they wouldn't stand out.  He is really happy with it and, of course, I am too (because it was free!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment