Labels

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Return of Couponing

Years ago, I was a couponer!  In fact, I was one of those crazy coupon ladies with the giant binder that no one wanted to be behind in the check-out line!  I burned myself out on it and my life changed so I stopped having time for it.  With me quitting my job and our rather large family relying solely on my husband's income, it is necessary for me to start couponing again.  This time I am trying a different strategy.  I am not clipping everything and spending hours arranging everything in a binder and hours every time I go to the store but I am definitely using coupons.  The only problem is, I am starting cold.  I don't have a stockpile of coupons or groceries currently.  I have to build those things up so that I can purchase ahead and not have to do any costly need based grocery shopping.  I started my journey yesterday and I didn't do too bad.  I spent about an hour in front of my computer compiling a list, printing coupons (since I don't have many on hand), and updating programs so that everything would work.  At Publix, I spent $110 and saved $108.  This was great considering I got a lot of cereal and laundry detergent on this trip.  I have to say that I have loved the Southern Savers website for years and she didn't fail me yesterday.  I planned the entire trip using Jenny's list.  If you are couponing, her site is a must and it is completely free!!! Check it out at http://www.southernsavers.com/!

No comments:

Post a Comment