Labels

Friday, March 6, 2015

Living Off of One Income

Obviously, quitting my job is going to bring huge changes to our family.  With four boys at home full time and my husband and myself to feed, money will be tight.  We do have several changes in mind.  We were just able to pay off a storage barn which will save us $150 a month.  We have the money in the bank to pay off my van, which will save us $230 a month.  I am going to go back to couponing (I used to be a pretty heavy couponer years ago during a slow time at work).  I figure I can save at least $300 a month in groceries and household items through couponing and being available to take advantage of sales.  My current job is a 45 minute to 1 hour commute each way.  This means I should be able to save money on gas.  I will also not be passing all those fast food places that tempt me with their yummy breakfasts and I won't have a 30 minute lunch free to eat fast food either.  This should save us quite a bit.  I will also be available to make and send breakfast/lunch with my husband in the mornings so that he is not tempted by fast food either.  We also plan to pay off the couple credit cards we have so we will not have the expense of those payments every month. 

The total still may not make up my income but all of these things will help.  It may not be easy, but I think it is doable! 

And since I am taking y'all (you guessed it, I am a southern girl) on this ride with me, I will post money saving ideas and some DIY projects on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment